Copsewood Editorial is managed by Amanda Kay who has over 20 years' experience of working in a publishing environment. Freelance since 2005, Amanda has particular expertise in copy-editing and proofreading academic and non-fiction books, newsletters, guidebooks, brochures, marketing materials and websites. She also has experience of writing articles, reports and academic theses.
Amanda is a Professional Member of the Society for Editors and Proofreaders and abides by their Code of Practice.
The combination of Amanda's editorial experience with her specialist qualifications and work background makes her especially suited to meeting the publishing needs of the heritage, museums, arts, travel and academic sectors.
Qualifications and training
- MA Arts & Social Sciences (University of Salford)
- BA (Joint Hons) History with Politics and European Art & Artefacts (University of Salford)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Museum Studies (University of Leicester)
- Essential Editing Certificate (National Extension College, The Michael Young Centre, Cambridge)
- Proofreading for editors (Publishing Training Centre, London)
- Proofreading problems (SfEP)
- Going freelance and staying there (SfEP)
- Getting work with non-publishers (SfEP)
- How to write effective museum text (Museums Association)
- Writing for Trails (Text Workshop)
- Introduction to Dreamweaver web design (The Hill College, Coventry)
- Red Dot website content management system (QCDA)
- ContinYou (formerly Community Education Development Centre): Publications Officer and Web Editor
- Page & Moy Ltd: Brochure Production Executive for Page & Moy Tours, including art, architecture and history tours and National Trust travel
- Salford and Trafford Groundwork Trust: Researcher and writer for town trails and outdoor interpretation panels.
- Self-guided digital tour of medieval Coventry (in progress)
- The Herbert, Coventry: KS2 resources and guided walking tours (in progress)
- Chedham's Yard Restoration Project, Warwickshire: Website Editor (shared role) and Historical Researcher
- Leicestershire Museums Service: Oral History Researcher (Diploma course placement)
- Manchester Jewish Museum: Photographic Collections Officer
- Quarry Bank Mill Museum, Cheshire: Resource Bank Assistant
- LDA Associates (for Cumbria Museums Service): Documentation Officer
- Gladstone Pottery Museum, Longton: Degree course placement
Amanda is a member of the following organisations:
- The Society for Editors and Proofreaders (SfEP)
- Museums Association
- Association for Church Editors
- National Association of Decorative & Fine Arts
- The National Trust
- English Heritage
When Amanda isn't poring over authors' manuscripts, typesetters' proofs and a computer screen, she's honing her artistic skills and experimenting with different art forms and media. To view a selection of Amanda's artwork, please click here.
Copsewood Editorial Services Ltd is registered in England & Wales. Registered number: 05624225
Registered Office: 67 Harefield Road, Coventry CV2 4BT